People ask me this all the time, so I thought a post about it would be a great way to launch the brand new Wisteria Lane blog!
1. Organic flowers address the core purpose of organic production: to enrich the Earth. Your support encourages more growers to convert to organic practices and to reduce toxic chemical usage in the world!
2. Pesticides and other toxic chemicals used on flowers can affect the health of farm workers and florists. Without the proper protection, the toxic chemicals can spread onto the clothes and into the bodies of farm workers which in turn can increase exposure to their children. Florists who handle non-organic flowers have been known to develop dermatitis on their hands.
3. Buying organic flowers helps support local organic farming communities and organizations, which often have charitable, philanthropic motives for selling their flowers.
4. Organic flowers, according to many people, are more fragrant and last longer than non-organic ones.
5. On a spiritual, holistic level, organic flowers have been farmed in such ways that they retain the essence of flowers, as Mother Nature intended them to have.
6. Organic flowers are part of a natural, healthy lifestyle.
7. The toxic chemicals used on flower farms can poison groundwater and the soil. These chemicals also become part of the food chain, as animals such as birds will eat the sprayed plants.
8. Through evaporation, toxic pesticides and fertilizers that are sprayed on flower farms end up in the atmosphere. They then travel to other global areas to fall as rain or snow.
9. Every flower counts: Increasing sales of certified organic flowers gives the market notice that more organic flowers need to be grown, which makes more flower farms convert to using organic agricultural methods.
10. A single, exquisite bloom or lavish arrangements fit for a palace – whatever the occasion Wisteria Lane floral designers can turn virtual dreams into floral reality using Organic and Eco friendly flowers.
We believe that to be a socially responsible business, we must be passionate about protecting the environment, and working towards social justice.
Our quest for a sustainable future for nature is the best business practice we can imagine. Our flowers are grown in a manner that is gentle on the Earth and safeguards the well-being of farm workers, wildlife, and the ecology using the best certified sustainable practices including Organic and Veriflora. We scour flea markets and thrift shops for unique and interesting shapes to complement our arrangements, some of which are cut flowers mixed within a cactus planter
Wisteria Lane’s unique and elegant Organic Floral arrangements will enhance the beauty of your event.
Our design staff is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and pays great attention to detail. The flowers we use are special because the farmers and the earth are treated with respect.
What better reason is there?